Par Three Rules
Closest to the Pin & Longest Putt Rules
The member in each flight who completes their round with the lowest gross score is declared the winner. Runners-up are also awarded points in this event. In addition, the member who lands their first tee shot closest to the pin on the 8th hole at WG is declared the Closest to the Pin winner. Also, the member who sinks the longest putt on the 9th hole at WG is declared the Longest Putt winner. Only a member’s first putt from on the green is eligible to count for the Longest Putt. At WG, women play from the gold tees and men play from the white tees. See Special Events webpage for additional information.
- Qualified members must sign up for a tee time to compete in this event because of event pairing requirements. Two or more members are required in a group to qualify in this event. A single member in an assigned group will be disqualified if the other members assigned to their group do not show up to play and if the Pro Shop can't place that member in another group. The Pro Shop has the guidelines and authority to move those members to other groups.
- The group’s scorer must enter the following information on the scorecard: strokes per hole, gross score, and the date. The card must be signed by both the scorer and the attester. Also, all “absent” members must be clearly marked on the scorecard.
- The maximum score on any hole is 9.
- Chip-ins must be circled and initialed by one of the other members in the group.
- Each member is responsible for the accuracy of their score and reporting their score for each hole to the group’s scorer. The scorer is responsible for promptly turning the scorecard into the golf course Pro Shop after the round.
- The scorecard should be filled out as shown below.