May 14, 2021Schaumburg Golf Course has updated their Covid-19 Safety Guidelines.
- Rakes will be placed in bunkers. Golfers will be asked to rake the trap after use.
- Ball washers will be out.
- The foam insert will be removed from the cups.
- The flagstick can be removed when putting.
- Water coolers will return shortly.
April 19, 2021 – Changes for 2021
- The Scramble Special Event will be a single event because we are now be playing on one 9-hole course. In addition, the rules now require each team to use at least two drives off the tee from each member of the team instead of the previously required one drive. Also, if a Scramble is cancelled two weeks in a row (previously three weeks) it will not be rescheduled.
- The 2-Flight Scramble Special Event replaces the Par Three Special Event that was held at Walnut Greens, which has been permanently closed. This event has two independent scramble events: one for A & B Flight members and the other for C & D flight members. Rules for the events are the same as the Scramble.
- Scores from the S&H Classic Special Event will now be included in the calculation of member handicaps. Also, the Closest to the Pin and Longest Putt competitions will now be part of this event.
- The weekly Chip-in Pot has been replaced by an end of season $1,200 Chip-in Pot that is awarded to members based on the total of all member chip-ins for the season and the number of chip-ins an individual member had during the season. Chip-ins are still recorded weekly.
- The Awards Banquet will continue to have chance drawings held at the banquet with prizes for the winners. However, door prizes for all members have been eliminated.
- All League administrative support previously provided by the CRC Senior Center will now be handled by the Schaumburg Golf Club or the League Committee.
- Because handicaps were not maintained during the 2020 season, awards for the Most Improved man and woman golfers will not be made for the 2021 season.
March 22, 2021
We are awaiting information from Schaumburg Golf League on the Park District Restrictions for 2021.
May 22, 2020 – Changes to Covid-19 Restriction PoliciesEffective May 29th, several of the Covid-19 restrictions that have impacted our League will be lifted:
- Foursomes will be allowed instead of twosomes.
- Tee times will be at 10 minute intervals instead of 15.
- Anyone can request an electric cart instead of only those with a physical disability or limitation.
- The driving range and putting green will be open.
- Scorecards and pencils will be available for your use.
As a result of these changes, beginning with the June 2nd golf date, everyone who signs up to golf will be assigned a tee time. If you registered as a foursome or threesome, you will be put back into that grouping. Also, until the Tournament Course opens, members will be rotated between the Players and Baer courses every two weeks.
Although anyone will be able to rent an electric cart, because there is only one rider per cart, except for members of the same household, there is a concern that not enough carts will be available for our League. SGC has 100 carts available; it is estimated that the League will have 120-130 golfers playing each week. So, if you can walk, please do so and leave the carts for those that really need them.
SGC still wants League members to prepay for their round. However, SGC suggests that if you need a cart but don’t have an early tee time, you wait to pay until you get to the course and determine that a cart is available.
All other restriction policies remain in place.
April 29, 2020 -- Covid-19 Restrictions
- Only twosomes are allowed on the course at 15 minute intervals. The golf course is giving us a block of tee times from 6:30 until 10:45, playing on two courses until the Tournament course is available in July or August. That will only allow us to accommodate 72 golfers each week. Once the Tournament course is available, we are scheduled to play on a single course. If we are still only allowed twosomes at that point, our tee times will go very late. A gazebo is located outside the golf shop for checking in for your round of golf and signing up to play the following week. DO NOT go to the golf course unless you have an assigned tee time; SGC doesn’t want anyone without a scheduled tee time to come to the course. See additional important information on signing up and paying for weekly tee times and carts at Booking a Tee Time.
- No push carts are available to rent. Golfers can bring their own.
- No electric carts are available to rent, except for members with a physical disability or limitation. Only one person is allowed per cart, except for couples who live together. After your round of golf, please remove all trash from the golf cart.
- The clubhouse, pro shop and halfway house are closed.
- No food or beverages are available (including no water provided on the course). You may bring in only non-alcoholic beverages.
- No practice range or putting green is available.
- The outdoor bathrooms are available, including the one at the halfway house.
- No benches, ball washers, bunker rakes, bag drop are available.
- The flag must be left in place while putting; please do not touch it. There is a plastic insert below the lip that will prop your ball up.
- If lightening occurs, wait in your car for the all clear signal.
- No scorecards or pencils are available. The League will not record scores or chip-ins this year but printable scorecards are available for individual use.
- Members must adhere to social distancing guidelines between players. No congregating around the clubhouse or in the parking lot is permitted. No handshakes are permitted.
Members experiencing cold, flu or Covid-19 symptoms or testing positive for Covid-19, or members from a household with someone experiencing those symptoms or testing positive for Covid-19 should not play.
April 1, 2020 -- Organizational Meeting Cancelled
S&H Seniors Golf League,
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, our Organizational Meeting scheduled for April 21 has been cancelled.
We are waiting for further information from the Park District.
Please check this website for updated information.
January 1, 2020 -- Passing of League Member
Arnold Lidquist passed away on December 26. Additional information is available in his obituary. Arnold and his wife Janet joined the League in 2007.
Our condolences to Janet, his family, fellow golfers and friends.
December 5, 2019 -- 2019 in Review
League changes for 2019:
- League play follows new League Rules of Golf that are similar to but differ from the USGA Rules of Golf.
- SGC continued their Golf Enhancement Plan with the Baer closed.
- The League was split and played on the Players and Tournament.
- Members were alternated every two weeks between the two courses.
- In July, SGC opened the Baer and closed the Tournament.
- The League was split and played on the Players and Baer.
- The weekly Chip-in Pot was $50 a week.
This year more than 3400 rounds of golf were booked at Schaumburg Golf Club and Walnut Greens. The League awarded $2208 to 123 members for five Special Events, 28 trophies to the top winners and $1018 to 93 members for 135 chip-ins. Jon Parsons, General Manager of Golf Operations, provided two free one-hour Golf Clinics for members to improve their game. The year ended with 185 members and guests attending the Awards Banquet at Chandler's for lunch, door prizes, Special Event prize money and trophies. Door prizes were purchased from League membership fees and received from the generous donations of League Supporters. Additional information for this year can be found in the 2019 League Archive.
I would like to thank the member volunteers who helped with the budget, pairings, tee times, Special Events, handicaps, chip-in pot, Awards Banquet, door prizes, trophies, website and photos. A special thanks to the Schaumburg Park District Senior Center, Schaumburg Golf Club and Walnut Greens for their continued help, support and advice.
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy New Year.