December 4, 2018 -- 2018 in Review
League changes for 2018:
- New website design for all devices (smartphones, tablets and computers) and window and screen sizes.
- SGC continued their Golf Enhancement Plan with the Players closed.
- The League was split and played on the Baer and Tournament.
- Members were alternated every two weeks between the two courses.
- In July, SGC opened the Players and closed the Baer.
- The League was split and played on the Players and Tournament.
- The Red and Green tees were replaced with Grey and Cedar tees.
- To help with pace of play, the Grey tees were moved forward on Tournament holes #1, #4 and #7 and Players hole #9.
- The weekly Chip-in Pot was $30 a week.
This year more than 3400 rounds of golf were booked at Schaumburg Golf Club and Walnut Greens. The League awarded $1828 to 110 members for five Special Events, 22 trophies to the top winners and $658 to 94 members for 132 chip-ins. A trophy was also awarded for a hole-in-one. Jon Parsons, General Manager of Golf Operations, provided two free one-hour Golf Clinics for members to improve their game. The year ended with 185 members and guests attending the Awards Banquet at Chandler's for lunch, door prizes, Special Event prize money and trophies. Door prizes were purchased from League membership fees and received from the generous donations of League Supporters. Additional information for this year can be found in the 2018 League Archive.
I would like to thank the member volunteers who helped with the budget, pairings, tee times, Special Events, handicaps, chip-in pot, Awards Banquet, door prizes, trophies, website and photos. A special thanks to the Schaumburg Park District Senior Center, Schaumburg Golf Club and Walnut Greens for their continued help, support and advice.
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy New Year.