December 5, 2019 -- 2019 in Review
League changes for 2019:
- League play follows new League Rules of Golf that are similar to but differ from the USGA Rules of Golf.
- SGC continued their Golf Enhancement Plan with the Baer closed.
- The League was split and played on the Players and Tournament.
- Members were alternated every two weeks between the two courses.
- In July, SGC opened the Baer and closed the Tournament.
- The League was split and played on the Players and Baer.
- The weekly Chip-in Pot was $50 a week.
This year more than 3400 rounds of golf were booked at Schaumburg Golf Club and Walnut Greens. The League awarded $2208 to 123 members for five Special Events, 28 trophies to the top winners and $1018 to 93 members for 135 chip-ins. Jon Parsons, General Manager of Golf Operations, provided two free one-hour Golf Clinics for members to improve their game. The year ended with 185 members and guests attending the Awards Banquet at Chandler's for lunch, door prizes, Special Event prize money and trophies. Door prizes were purchased from League membership fees and received from the generous donations of League Supporters. Additional information for this year can be found in the 2019 League Archive.
I would like to thank the member volunteers who helped with the budget, pairings, tee times, Special Events, handicaps, chip-in pot, Awards Banquet, door prizes, trophies, website and photos. A special thanks to the Schaumburg Park District Senior Center, Schaumburg Golf Club and Walnut Greens for their continued help, support and advice.
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy New Year.